The auto industry's survival plan must meet several conditions, Pelosi said:
• Restructure the automobile companies to ensure their long-term economic viability;
• Meet standards for fuel efficiency that ensure the competitiveness of U.S. autos, including new fuel-efficiency standards; and,
• Deploy advanced vehicle technologies required to compete in the domestic and global market."
Here is my Two Point Plan.
• Buy Toyota and Honda with this bailout (TARP) cash and let congress run them for a few years.
• Remove all congressional restrictions on the Big Three.
GM, Ford and Chrysler won't have any more trouble selling cars in this country or any other.