Monday, June 30, 2008

Bill Clinton to Obama: He will have to kiss my ass

According to a report in The (London) Telegraph Bill Clinton reportedly told close friends Obama can “kiss my ass” to get his support.

In April, Bill Clinton had a fiery exchange with a public radio reporter, who asked him about a controversial statement he made on South Carolina on the day the state held its primary, and whether he regretted comparing Obama’s campaign to Jesse Jackson’s campaigns.

Clinton responded: “No, I think that they played the race card on me, and we now know from memos in the campaign and everything that they planned to do it all along.

“Do I regret saying it? No. Do I regret that it was used that way? I certainly do. But you’ve really got to go some (distance) to portray me as a racist,” Clinton said, adding that he has an office in Harlem, and Jackson told him personally he was not offended.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd take a third Bill Clinton term right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment